Would you like to have a casual lunch and discuss difficult cases or questions with a psychodynamically trained neuropsychiatrist and 4 other therapy providers? Or, are you looking to network with other providers who are also “in the struggle”? I would! And this is why I started the Lunch Bunch.
Lunch Bunch is a place where you can meet virtually with other mental health providers, get professional insights, blow off some steam and gain the emotional support needed to do your best work. All for free!
In my previous clinic, I established a daily lunch routine where the providers would all meet and eat lunch together. We shared funny stories, difficult situations and I was often asked about the medical/neurobiological side of mental health. This no pressure lunch atmosphere led to us feeling connected, collaboratively increasing our knowledge and we successfully resolved many complex problems. The power of combining a psychiatrist’s medical/psychodynamic insights with the various therapist’s knowledge resulted in our entire clinic having unprecedented success and improving morale immeasurably. Lunch bunch helped us find valuable solutions and we also rediscovered the joy of working in our profession. I’m now inviting you to experience the same thing.!
While University Elite’s Lunch Bunch is free and any mental health provider is welcome, it is important to emphasize that it is only for mental health providers. Therefore, I do require some information about your practice (all kept confidential). After entering your information, you can use the scheduling tool to reserve a spot on the day of your choice. Then an email with the secure video link will be sent.
The idea of Lunch Bunch is that you will interact with different individuals every time and that there is no commitment to return. You are welcome to schedule one week then skip as many weeks as you desire. It is intended to be a low stress opportunity. Apart from showing up when you reserve a slot, I don’t want you to feel any pressure. Instead, my hope is that Lunch Bunch makes you feel welcomed and supported.
Please be aware of the following expectations:
- Above all, bring your lunch and feel free to eat. Just mute your sound when you have a noisy wrapper 🙂
- Be prepared to give a quick personal introduction (we want to get to know you personally) at each lunch bunch meeting.
- Be prepared to quickly introduce your area of practice
- To maintain privacy, always avoid patient names or other HIPAA identifying patient information (we suggest using an alias)
- Never allow patients or support staff to participate in the group. (The Lunch Bunch is for providers only.)
- Please ensure you’re in a private area and that all the information discussed in this group stays confidential.
- Be aware that information and topics discussed in Lunch Bunch DO NOT constitute medical advice or professional consultation. It is casual discussion and brainstorming only.
- Please be kind. We all have strengths that might be someone else’s weakness. This is intended to be a place to build each other up. Not a place to show off our knowledge.
- We use Google Meet for our virtual meetings. Your secure link to google room will be emailed automatically when you reserve a spot.
- While discussing clinical situations take priority, sometimes nobody will have a clinical situation they wish to discuss. During these times, you are encouraged to “shoot the bull” and make social connections with the other participants.
- You don’t need a clinical reason to reserve a spot. As long as you are following the guidelines, you are welcome. I look forward to meeting with you all.