University Elite is unique because we start with the goal of helping our patients become so healthy that they no longer need our services. Instead of simply “throwing a med at the symptoms,” we focus on understanding the “why” behind the patient’s specific situation and symptoms. We then take the necessary time to teach our patients “the why” behind those symptoms.
Only after the patient understands “the why,” do we present the treatment options available. Our patients are then equal partners in choosing the treatment approach. While this is more intense for the doctors, it really does set us apart.
While it is becoming rare among psychiatrists, University Elite physicians are experts in psychotherapy as well as medication management. This means that we can help the patient understand “the why” that is causing their symptoms and will give more treatment choices than medications alone. Even if a psychiatrist’s is not accepting new therapy patients, they will still educate the patient sufficiently to address the symptom causes while working with a therapist.
University Elite Psychiatrists also have the ability to refer patients to our in-house psychologists who are proven experts. This takes the guess work out of finding a therapist who is capable of empowering the patient to address the cause of their symptoms, instead of simply providing a brief respite from the symptoms. (Availability is occasionally limited.)Thus, patients have multiple options for their care:
• They can choose to have all their mental health care be managed by University Elite Doctors
• They can seek a psychiatric consult and the recommendations will be sent to their family doctor or pediatrician
• Or they can see a University Elite Psychiatrist and choose to see a therapist separately.
Each doctor will determine what ages of patients and conditions they will treat. Please see the individual doctor’s bio for details of what ages and conditions they are accepting.
University Elite provides full service care for most non-emergency mental health conditions. This includes: postpartum difficulties, PTSD, ADHD, depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, OCD, personality disorders, marriage and family struggles, and more.
The patient can review the bio section for the individual doctors and identify who is accepting patients that fit their situation and from their state. This usually allows our patients to select the doctor that is an expert for their situation and licensed in their state.
***Please note that the bio does not list all conditions or situations available. If you have a condition or situation that is not listed, please describe it in the “contact us“ section and we will be happy to see if an expert is available for your situation.***
University Elite Doctors list examples of their therapy types in their bio. Please see the individual doctors for a list. It is also common for the psychiatrist to refer a patient to a psychologist that best fits the patient’s needs.
Examples of therapy modalities offered include: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma therapy, Sports and Performance Enhancement, Marriage Therapy, Sex Therapy, Postpartum Therapy and many more.
Please click on the “Psychologist” or “Psychiatrist” section on the homepage to see the individual doctor’s bio and if they are accepting therapy patients at this time.
• University Elite is a fee for service psychiatric practice and does not take insurance. This means that you pay to reserve your appointment with the doctor. At the end of a session, we can provide a receipt ( AKA “super bill”) that you can use to file a claim for an “out of network provider” if your insurance provides this benefit.
We recognize that real life occasionally requires a patient to change their appointment time or date. As long as you are greater than 24 hours prior to your appointment, you will be able to cancel or reschedule your appointment yourself by following the steps below.
• Login (if you aren’t already)
• Go to https://universityelite.com/mycalendar/ or click on “myCalender” on the homepage.
• Using your calendar function, reschedule or cancel your appointment in the red box.
• A confirmation email will be sent when the reschedule or cancellation is successful. (Some patients use email services that take 1-2 minutes to deliver the confirmation email or it goes to their “spam” folder. Please check both.)
• In most cases, there is no need to notify your doctor of a cancellation or reschedule.